President, Unison Risk Advisors
With 40 years of leadership experience in insurance brokerage, business and consulting, Bob Cawley serves as the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of RCM&D, the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of RCM&D Self-Insured Services Co. (SISCO), and President of Unison Risk Advisors. In these roles, Bob is responsible for providing leadership, strategy, sales and client services to RCM&D and SISCO. After the strategic merger of RCM&D and Oswald Companies in 2020, Bob was named President of Unison Risk Advisors.
In conjunction with his leadership of RCM&D, Bob is the past chairman of Assurex Global and a current member of the Board of Directors. Throughout his leadership at Assurex, Bob’s focus has been on strategic planning, private ownership, international expansion, governance and the sharing of best practices throughout the group.
Bob has extensive knowledge and experience in business risk analysis, alternative risk financing, self-insurance, risk management and employee benefit consulting. Recognized as a strategic, forward-thinking industry leader, he has shared his insights nationally as an expert speaker, covering a wide range of insurance topics such as the development of a professional services firm, solvency and regulatory matters, as well as the formation and management of client-owned captive insurance companies.
Beyond his professional experience, Bob lives the RCM&D value of community outreach every day. He is a co-founder of GB Charities, Inc., which sponsors promising children and adolescents from hard-working, low-income families living in at-risk areas, by providing grants to accredited parochial schools in the greater Baltimore area.
Education & Professional Development
- Loyola University of Maryland
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC)
- Licenses for All Lines of Insurance Coverages in Multiple Jurisdictions
Professional Affiliations & Civic Organizations
- PAR Holdings Ltd, Bermuda – Chair Audit Committee, Executive Committee
- Assurex Global – Former Chairman and Member, Board of Directors
- GB Charities, Inc. – Co-Founder
- Council of Insurance Agents and Brokers (CIAB) – Member, Board of Directors
- Associated Catholic Charities of Baltimore – Member, Board of Directors
- Sellinger School of Business, Loyola University of Maryland – Chair Emeritus
- Sisters of Mercy Health Services/Stella Maris – Member, Board of Advisors
- Cristo Rey Jesuit High School – Chair
- Loyola Blakefield High School – Trustee, Executive Committee
- Loyola University of Maryland – Trustee, Executive Committee